Next Race: Littleborough 10k
Hi! I’m Matt. Welcome to my running blog!
I’m just your regular hard working Yorkshireman who happens to have a passion for running.
I started running to give me a release from the daily stresses of managing a busy IT function in a fast changing financial services sector, finally putting my mental health and wellbeing first. As if my full-time role wasn’t enough, being a motivated and ambitious Yorkshireman I committed to undertaking a 3 year part-time MSc in Strategic Leadership at Loughborough University to further my career. Safe to say running is my safe haven, distracting me temporarily from the mental fatigue of daily life.
My first competitive race was a 10k in Huddersfield back in 2014. I got the running bug pretty quick and have just recently (2019) joined the Northowram Pumas running club.
My blog is about running, plain and simple. I post about my training, races, progress and any tips I’ve come across.
Thanks for visiting…
- A PB before school…Parkrun PB and a Uni 10k
- A performance enhancing reviewSo I ran out of energy gels and decided to look at replenishing my stock given I’m putting in more miles now I’m in the Pumas. I’ve been using SIS Isotonic Enegry Gels for years but thought now was a good time to experiment and see what else is available on the market. Here’s what I’ve bought: REON Energise Powder Shots REON Taster Bundle (2 pack of 4 sachets for £3.99) – 50p each High 5 Energy Gel B&M – 49p each SIS Isotonic Energy Gels Amazon (35 pack for £21.99) – 63p each High 5 Energy Gummies Amazon (10 … Read More
- Run mapping made easy!Plotaroute.com takes the pain out of planning routes and helps to uncover new places to run.
- Northowram Pumas #Week3A quick review of the Pumas 3 weeks in.
- Run to Remember PC 7605 Andrew HarperA run in memory of PC Andrew Harper
- Running Efficiency: Are you doing it all wrong?Running Efficiency: Are you doing it all wrong?